Monday, July 18, 2011

Maybelline The Falsies Flared Review

Sorry it has been FOREVER since my last post. I am still getting used to blog updating. I wanted to share with you a review on Maybelline's Falsies Flared mascara.

I dont have any personal pix so here is the site:
http://www.maybelline.ca/products/116/eyes/mascara/volum-express-falsies-flared-washable/very-black/0?shadeId=607

I want to start by saying that I love the first falsies mascara so really wanted to love this one as well. I wasn’t thrilled with the formula at first so I tried it for a week to see if it would settle in. It didn’t really.

Formula/Brush: Formula seems ok. Was on the wetter side which is typical for Maybelline. I dont like dry mascara so I was happy. And it was washable so I really like that. The brush seemed like it would be nice. The first falsies is curved like a spoon top to bottom if that makes sense. Now they switched the spoon so that its' side to side. So it's basically a flat wall of bristle coming at you. The brush is good for length and curling the lashes. It’s a regular brush, not molded plastic so that’s also nice. It also has a flexible middle that allows the brush to bend, which is interesting..so the brush gives with your lashes.

Application and Wear: This is where it all went downhill. It seemed to apply ok. At first it wasn’t as dark or deep as the regular falsies. Almost too light of a look. But I think that’s because it gave a more separate and defined, lenghthened lash. So with the definition it lost the bulk volume. I would say its more length than volume. I used three coats. It didn’t flake at all so that was good. But it did curl the ends of my lashes down, so it seems the formula is heavier than the regular falsies. This really was a let down.
Overall…I thought it would give more of a full look, but it didn’t. It gave more length which is ok but I don't like mascara curling the lashes down. I give this one a C.

0 comments:

Post a Comment